Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

house tours of mystic.

*Warning: there are tons of pictures in this post*
This Saturday Kevin, Nick and I headed down to Groton Long Point, CT for a weekend by the ocean.  My dad's parents have owned a summer house in Groton Long Point for hmmmm well a long time.  When Nick and I were little we used to spend a couple weeks there every summer.  We have so many fond memories of climbing on the rocks, crabbing, swimming on south beach, biking around the point and causing trouble with out cousins.  It is one of my favorite places to be although I haven't spent much time there over the past 5 years.  Sadly, this house is going to go on the market soon so this weekend could be the last weekend we spend there:( The house is right on the water and the views are just perfect.  It was extremely windy there Saturday and Sunday (thank you Earl) so the water was a little out of control.
 Saturday night we grilled burgers and watched the sunset, it was gorgeous!
 On Sunday my uncle Jim and his new wife Terry came over to BBQ with my cousin Charles.  It was so great to see them.  Nick and Charles played guitar together - I love listening to them play together.
They even went diving off east dock.
That afternoon we went to visit my Grandmother Baba at the nursing home she is living in.  It was really great to see her, I think we really made her day.  I hadn't seen her since Christmas, Nick hadn't seen her since Christmas of 2008 and Kevin had never met her.  I won't see her this Christmas so it was very important for me to spend some time with her.
On Monday morning we went to Kitchen Little for breakfast.  Then we went to the Mystic Aquarium!  It was such a blast.
We saw sea lions.
Penguins.
Sharks and jellyfish.
and the sea lion show.
 Oh, hello Nick:)
 There was an exhibit where we got to feed a whole ton of birds.  It was hilarious.  This was probably my favorite part of the aquarium!
 After the aquarium walked around downtown Mystic and even got to see the drawbridge go up. 
Here are a couple pictures around the house.  I will really miss this place!

0 comments: