Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

sometimes you just need to have fun.

This move has been unbelievably stressful and tedious.  We have been living in our apartment for just over a week and we still have boxes everywhere.  We are at an unpacking standstill because in order to unpack the all our dishes and kitchen stuff we need to get a big cabinet, in order to finish setting up the living room we need a TV stand and a tall bookcase, in order to finish unpacking and organizing the bedroom we need a bed frame... it just never ends.
Tuesday night we got to go to a Yankees game!  Marty is away on vacation and couldn't go to the game so he gave Kevin and I his tickets.  It could not have come at a better time... right when I am about to rip my hair out, burst into tears and totally give up on the apartment Kevin and I got to have some FUN!!!  Unfortunately, the Yankees lost but it was still a great time.  I really needed a hot Italian sausage and a couple cold bud lights.
 Saturday morning we are heading to IKEA bright and early to brave the chaos and hopefully get the rest of the furniture we need to finish unpacking and setting up the apartment.  Sunday we are going to Home Depot to hopefully get a grill, an outdoor table and some outdoor chairs.  While this weekend will be a lot of work I am so excited about it because I will finally be able to get the rest of the boxes out of the apartment and start decorating.  By this time next week we should be finishing hanging up all the artwork and grilling our first meal on the roof deck... I can't wait!!! 

P.S.  Kevin has gone an entire week without TV at home, he seems to be surviving so far but I fear he wont last much longer, haha.

0 comments: