Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

birthday bling.

Well by now you have all realized that I am head over heels in love with my boyfriend.  He is so loving and supportive and we have so much fun together.  What I don't think I have mentioned is what he does for a living, brace yourselves ladies because you might get jealous:)  Kevin is a gemologist which means that he knows everything there is to know about diamonds and all colored gemstones.  He works for the Natural Sapphire Company as their head gemologist and purchasing director.  Over the 3 and 3/4 years that we have been dating he has gotten me some pretty amazing presents but the ring he gave me for my 25th birthday is really mind-blowing.  Are you ready?  Here it is:
He was in Sri Lanka for two weeks in May to buy sapphires for his company when he came across this stone.  It is tri-colored: green, blue and yellow.  Isn't it the most gorgeous thing you have ever seen?   He saw the stone and knew I would love it.  Boy was he right, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring:)
Today is officially my 25th birthday!  Tonight we are going to Brooklyn to see my brothers play a concert and then tomorrow morning we get up bright and early to drive to Saratoga for two nights of PHISH at SPAC.  I couldn't be more excited!!!  I am so lucky to be able to spend my birthday with my brothers.  I will do a big post about all the weekend festivities when we return on Monday.  Have a great weekend!

0 comments: