Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

parmesan crusted chicken recipe

On Valentine's Day Kevin and I made one of our favorite chicken recipes, Parmesan Crusted Chicken.  It is soooo delicious and just about the easiest recipe ever.  My lovely friend Claudia asked me for the recipe so I decided I should share it here.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
4 tbs dijon mustard
4 tbs olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme
salt and pepper to taste
lots of shredded parmesan cheese

I will admit I am never the one who ends up cooking this (Kevin is the cook in this household) so I am just kinda winging it with the ingredient amounts, but I think it's hard to really screw this recipe up.  

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.  Season your chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place them in a glass baking pan or any baking tray for the matter (I would recommend putting some olive oil in the bottom of the pan to keep the chicken from sticking and also to make cleaning the pan much easier in the end).  Then mix together the mustard, olive oil and fresh thyme and slather both sides of your chicken breasts with the mixture, the more mixture you leave on the chicken the more flavor your chicken will have.  Now take your shredded parmesan and cover each chicken breast in it, as much as you want:)  Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.  There you go, easy cheesy!

Kevin and I usually pair this chicken with green beans and rice or sweet potatoes.  Now go make yourself some parmesan crusted chicken and enjoy!


0 comments: