Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

thank god for the country.

This weekend Kevin and I headed to Lakeville for a much needed break from the city.  I can't even tell you how great it felt to step off the train and only see trees and just smell the clean air.  

Saturday afternoon was the annual Jen Lloyd Fund Clambake Fundraiser.  Just a little background on the Jane Lloyd Fund: My mother plays on a hockey team with a great group of women.  I am not sure how long ago this was but her teammate and great friend, Jane Lloyd, lost her long battle with breast cancer.  The fund was started to help people going through cancer treatment pay for their everyday living expenses such as car payments, morgage payments, etc.  Now every summer the fund puts on a clambake to get the community together and raise money.  Kevin and I had never been to a clambake before and we have soooo much fun!!!
There was way too much food!!!  Clams, lobsters, corn, a raw bar, hot dogs, hamburgers, ice cream, beer and wine.  
So many children were running up and down the ski jump hill, it is an extremely steep hill and I don't think I would have been brave enough to climb it.
The live music was great.  Nick and Merrick were supposed to play but instead they just jumped on stage for a couple songs with The Chain Gang.
This was the first time that my entire family had been together since Thanksgiving.  It is so nice to have Nick home for the summer, Kev and I have to get back up to Lakeville at least twice more before he goes back to Florida in September.  
Poor Pula was a little scared by the music at first and insisted that my mom hold her.  She was shaking like a leaf!
The best part of the whole clambake was when they auctioned off a wood bird sculpture by a local artist.  Kevin ran up to buy tickets at the last minute and ended up winning!!!  He bought my dad 6 tickets and 10 for himself.  He bought my dad's tickets first but if he had bought his tickets first then my dad would have won.  I think my dad was pretty jealous. 
That night Nick and Merrick played a show at Mannadew in Millerton, NY.  They started at 11pm and we didn't make it home till 2am!  They played an awesome show and it really warmed my heart to see them play together.  I am so happy that they have been able to spend so much time together and play so much music.  I know they are really gonna miss each other when Nick returns to Florida.  
The album cover.
I am so lucky to have the most loving, hilarious and talented brothers.  Not only that but I have the best parents anyone could ever have.  I don't know what I would do without my family.  They have welcomed Kevin into the family and it is so special that we get to go to my house and see them so often.  I know I say this a lot but I LOVE MY FAMILY!!! 

Sunday was a relaxing day just hanging out around the house.  
Big Mama came up to hang out and get some food scraps, Dad mowed the lawn, I checked out the new baby chicks and as usual Kevin and I went to Whipporwill Farm to get more grass-fed beef and pork, yum!

0 comments: