Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

wedding workout challenge

My summer workout challenge was a total fail, oh well.  Then my fall workout challenge didn't even get off the ground (I know it's still fall).  So I am now going to start a wedding workout challenge.  My wedding is a year away but it is just the motivator I need to finally whip my butt into shape.  I have decided that I am going to take this challenge a little slower than I had planned before.  My end goal is to lose 20 pounds, tighten and tone my legs, butt and arms and feel comfortable with my body.  I know this is totally manageable.  I am going to do the challenge in 3 stages...

Stage 1 (October - December): workout 5 days a week (6 if I'm up for it) for at least an hour each time; try to fit in a yoga class once or twice a week (it can count as one of my 5 or 6 weekly workouts) and clean up my diet (limit alcohol to once or twice a week, eat whole grains and lots of fruits and veggies, avoid sugar and absolutely no candy!) - I will weigh myself each week to track my progress.

Stage 2 (January -June): evaluate my progress in Stage 1, how close am I to reaching my goal?  Do I think the routine I have created in Stage 1 will be enough to reach my wedding weight goal?  What areas haven't been improving?  Once I answer those questions I will decide what diet changes I have to make and how much I need to amp up my workouts.  I might include more workout classes as well.

Stage 3 (July - Wedding Day!): With 2 1/2 months left until my wedding day I will evaluate the progress I have made in Stage 2.  If I have already reached my goal weight by then (phew that would be ideal) then I will focus on maintaining my Stage 2 routine and add some extra weight exercises to really make my trouble areas look great.  If I still haven't reached my goal weight then I just have to amp up my workouts even more and get super strict with my diet.

Phew, its all seems manageable, right?  I think it does.  Maybe I am still on an engagement high but I am seriously feeling great about this challenge and am so ready to make it happen.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! I wish i had to motivation.. although really an australian beach summer should be enough for me haha I think you can do it, because you have stated that youre doing it in a reasonable time unlike most people who decide to diet (read: starve themselves for a day until they give up)!!
And congratulations on the engagement!
xxx