Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Wedding - Reception

Our wedding reception was a rockin' party!  Everyone had the best time!!!

The introductions were hilarious.  Kevin decided early in the planning process that he was going to write little one liners about each member of our wedding party for the DJ to announce as each person entered.  We kept them a secret so the looks on everyone's faces were hilarious. 






We danced our first dance to Is This Love by Corrinne Bailey Rae (it's an original Bob Marley song).



It was so hard to have a moment to talk to everyone there... I did my best but I know there are a couple people that I never had a moment with... I feel bad about that but oh well.  


My dad's speech was the best... and I am not just saying that because he is my dad.  There were many tears and lots of laughter.  People could not stop talking about it!  I think my dad kinda stole the show:)



After dinner my brothers played a few songs - they are both extremely talented musicians.  My dad joined them for a song as well.  This was one the most meaningful moments of the night for me.  I love my family SO MUCH.  To see them up there singing on my special day truly meant the world to me.  I even get a little teary now just thinking about it. 



Then we cut the cake.



I danced with my dad to Moondance played by my brothers.


Kevin danced with his mom to Have I Told You Lately That I Love You.


Then the dance party started.  Our DJ was incredible.  For the first song he got all the couples up to dance with each other - the perfect way to get everyone on the dance floor right away.  The dance floor was packed the entire night!










The whole evening was such a blur!!!  I honestly feel like I can't even remember half of it.  I have never had so much fun.  Countless wedding guests told me that it was the best wedding they have ever been to - they are still telling me this.  I can even describe how much it means to me to hear that.  I spent a whole year pouring my heart and soul into our wedding and it was so worth it!

Last wedding post next (my favorite): Husband & Wife

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your wedding looks lovely. What fun! Congratulations.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Emily said...

Wow your wedding dress is gorgeous! I am so slack at planning my wedding :S You did a fabulous job!

http://www.hungrydelights.com/