Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Walgreen's Medicine Cabinet Makeover

This past winter I was asked by Walgreen's to participate in their Medicine Cabinet Makeover video series.  A camera crew and a Walgreen's pharmacist squeezed into my tiny apartment to go through my medicine cabinet.  We discussed my goals for my medicine cabinet, went through everything I had in there, threw out old stuff and reorganized everything to make it more user friendly and accessible.  Here is the video:



I definitely learned a couple things through this experience.  Did you know that medicines, lotions and first aid stuff can expire???  I had no idea!  There was a good amount of expired stuff in my medicine cabinet so that was tossed.  Did you also know that it is not a great idea to store your medicines in the bathroom because it get so hot and humid in there???  I didn't know that either.  Another thing I found important and that I am sure I have heard over and over again is that if I have questions I should just ask the Walgreen's pharmacist.  They are there for a reason and are extremely knowledgeable.  Take advantage of that and don't be afraid to ask questions.

I have moved apartments since this makeover but I took everything I learned and applied it.  I now keep all our medicines in the guest bathroom because the shower there is rarely used so it doesn't get hot or humid often.   I also am much better about checking my medicines and toiletries to see if they have expired. 

Not only did I get a medicine cabinet overhaul but YOU can win the items I received for the makeover!  Don't you want all the essentials to jump start your fully stocked medicine cabinet?  To enter the giveaway follow my blog and leave a comment with you name and email address.  I will randomly choose a winner on Monday, October 31th.  Good Luck!  

It was a really great experience and I would like to thank everyone who made it possible... Thank You Big Shoulders and Ketchum!!!

*I was compensated by Walgreens for this post* 

*Update: the giveaway is closed - Alex Grossman is the winner*

2 comments:

Alex said...

My name is Alex Grossman and I love medicine cabinets! We have 2 of them, and could really use some new stuff!!! Yay Walgreens and Fournies'! grossman15@gmail.com

♥B said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I really like it! The layout is super cute :)

-B
With Love From Michigan