Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Phish at Bethel Woods was EPIC!

This Memorial Day weekend Kevin and I headed to Bethel, NY for 3 nights of Phish at Bethel Woods (the site of the original Woodstock).

We stayed at the most hilarious "country club" I have ever seen - Kutchers Country Club.  It was seriously straight out of the Shining.  I am pretty sure the place has not been touched/updated since maybe the 70s.  It smelled moldy and everything seemed a little damp - kinda gross I know.  They even have a "night club" called The Deep End where they have disco parties after midnight... hilarious.  We will definitely stay there again if Phish decides to play at Bethel Woods in the future!

The first night we met up with Merrick (my little brother for those of you that don't know him).  We headed into the venue with the massive crowd of people and picked a spot on the top right.  Bethel Woods is an incredible venue, almost like a SPAC on steroids.  
 (so many people!)
 It was such an amazing opening night and it makes me soooo happy that Merrick got to be there too (I love him so very much!)!!!

The second night we got to meet up with Ciccone and Kristen (YAY!!!!!!!)... oh man I love raging with these two.  
 Hightlight of the second night was definitely, without a doubt the Harry Hood and David Bowie they played in the second set.  They were only one song apart.  I about died.  My two favorite Phish songs of all time, in the same set, only one song apart... someone pinch me! 
On the third night we were joined my Merrick again and our two cousins Will and Will... bloodcouch!  I love seeing shows with my family, it is the best:)  We even did a little synchronized dancing, yay!  
 Third night highlight was the whole second set, it was out of control.  Phew every single song was amazing, love love loved it all.  Thank you Phish for giving us such a great three night run!!!
I know some people don't understand why we go see the same band so many times, but I absolutely love that Kevin and I get to do this together.  We love Phish so much and sharing that passion is the best.  We are really looking forward to our first Phish festival, Super Ball IX, on 4th of July weekend.  We will be joined by Shippy, YAY!!!  I will hit my 20th show in the middle of the festival, I can't wait for many many more shows to come!!! 

0 comments: