Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

upstate adventure

I have to admit that I have been staring at this post for 3 days and haven't been inspired to finish it.  Then I realized that I was trying too hard.  So here is the simple version of this past weekend (it was a great one).

The main reason for going away this weekend was to attend the Sagamore's Grand Wedding Menu Tasting.  We were so excited to try all the food and oh man was it delicious.  We have our whole wedding menu already planned out!  It feels great to keep checking stuff off our mile long wedding to do list.  My dad and my wedding coordinator came to the tasting.  It was so great to have them both there to help make the decisions about the food.  I also loved being able to show my dad around the Sagamore since he hadn't been there before, too bad my mom couldn't be there too!

After the tasting Kevin and I had some drinks at the bar and played banangrams (it's becoming a tradition for us).


We also took advantage of being in the area and checked out a couple possible rehearsal dinner venues that Tom and Cyndi were kind enough to find for us.  We chose the most amazing castle with a bird's eye view of Lake George.  I know our guests are going to love it!


The weather on Saturday and Sunday was absolutely perfect!  Kev and I are praying to have the same weather for our wedding.  Fingers crossed everyone!

0 comments: